Developmental Services (DS) Case Management is a service provided to individuals with a primary diagnosis of intellectual disability and their families to link them with needed services and resources in order to assist with community living and development of the individual's maximum potential. A team approach is used to ensure effective service delivery.
Assessment and Service Planning
The Support Coordinator will conduct a comprehensive assessment and develop an individual support plan, as well as provide supportive counseling and resource development for each individual. The support coordinator will coordinate and monitor service planning and services and will assist the consumer to achieve his or her goals using a person-centered approach. Case management also provides assistance for families with emergency needs.
Linking and Coordinating Services
- Vocational skills training and employment
- Financial assistance through Social Security, Social Services or other Federal State, and Local agencies
- Recreational Programs
- Respite Care, personal assistance services and/or skilled nursing
- Adult day support programs
- Supportive counseling for individuals and families
- Family support funds for limited specific needs to help consumers living at home
- Residential services
- Adult Foster Care
Counseling and Support Groups
- Emotions Management
- Independent Living Skills
- Reading Program
- Family Support Group
Are you a newly licensed provider of services for persons with an intellectual disability? Or has your information changed?
Please send all information to
Ms. Stephanie Harris
297 Independence Blvd.
Virginia Beach VA 23462
Need a current DBHDS Form? Click here: DBHDS Forms
297 Independence Blvd
Pembroke 6, Suite 218
Virginia Beach, VA 23462