Foster care...It's not just for kids anymore!
Ever thought about being a foster family?
...to Johnny, a 21-year old who still needs assistance with daily living skills?
Thanks to a new program launched by the us, foster care isn't just for kids anymore.
As an adult foster care provider, you can open your home to up to three adults who have special needs.
Adult foster care provides services for the following populations:
- Young adults with lifelong disabilities who were former foster care children
- Adults who have mental health needs
- Adults with mental retardation or developmental disabilities
- Older adults
Your responsibilities would include:
- Supervising the adults you serve
- Providing meals
- Providing recreational activities
- Maintaining a comfortable home environment
All interested providers are required to submit an application and agree to the following:
- Take a tuberculosis test
- Provide a financial statement
- Participate in a criminal background check
- Participate in a Child Protective Services/Adult Protective Services background check
- Have a home inspection (homes must meet city codes)
- Have a fire inspection
- Provide personal references
- Attend training sessions
If you're interested in providing special care to special adults, adult foster care may be fore you!
Call (757) 385-3473 for more information.