ADULT AND FAMILY SERVICES PROGRAMS
- Provides child-centered, family focused services that support the family goals of economic self-sufficiency and child development.
- The Department of Human Services administers six categories of child care, each with eligibility requirements and/or time limits.
- Provides supportive services and employment, education and training opportunities to recipients of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families TANF.
- Supports the family goals of economic self sufficiency and child development.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program employment and Training (SNAPET)
- SNAPET is an employment program offered to Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), formerly known as Food Stamps, recipients.
- Serves those recipients who are under 60 years old and do not have a high school diploma.
- The Virginia Initiative for Employment Not Welfare (VIEW) provides employment, education, and training opportunities to recipients of Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF).
- The program offers Virginians living in poverty the opportunity to obtain work, experience and work skills necessary for self-sufficiency; contribute to the self-sufficiency of their families; and achieve economic independence.
- Supportive services such as a child care, transportations, domestic violence, mental health, and substance abuse services are offered to meet individual client/family needs.
DEVELOPMENTAL SERVICES PROGRAMS
- Provides individualized assessment, job development, on the job training and follow-up support to adults with intellectual and co-existing disabilities. Group employment is also offered at several off-site settings.
MENTAL HEALTH SUBSTANCE ABUSE PROGRAMS
- Provides psychosocial rehabilitation day program services in a clubhouse community for adults with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders.
- Beach House operates six days a week.
- Services include opportunities for employment, education, socialization and living skills in a recovery-oriented atmosphere.
ADDITIONAL CITY PROGRAMS
Human Resources - Career Opportunities please click here.