Priority substance abuse treatment is
provided for pregnant women, women with dependent children, IV drug users, and
individuals abusing opioid medications such as oxycodone, hydrocodone,
A community based program to enhance the lives of children, adolescents and their families.
- Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
- Substance Abuse Day Treatment (SADT)
- Curriculum-based mental health and substance abuse education, relapse prevention, re-entry planning and referrals to community resources including jail diversion, forensic services, competency restoration, advocacy, discharge planning, and referrals for inmates with serious mental illness.
- A community based, intensive daily program for adults serving individuals with substance dependence, acute psychiatric symptoms and those with co-occurring disorders.
- Pembroke 6 - Provides treatment for adults age 18-60 with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders including psychiatric evaluations, medication management, individual and group therapy.
- Magic Hollow - Provides treatment for adults with serious mental illness and co-occurring disorders including psychiatric evaluations, medication management, individual and group therapy.
- Program provides adult residents eighteen years or older with integrated psychosocial support services to individuals with serious mental illnesses and co-occurring disorders.
- It provides a variety of groups that focus on assisting the consumer in developing skills and providing support.
- Participation can be up to five days a week based upon the consumer's individual needs.
- Provides education classes, support groups, consultation, resource linkage and advocacy for individuals and families affected by mental illness, substance use disorders and co-occurring disorders.
- Staff coordinates the Virginia Beach Community Trust for individuals with mental illness.
- Seeks to enable individuals, families, and communities to work together promoting their strengths and potentials.
- The services provided are designed for the enhancement of protective factors and the reduction of risks factors.
- Provides case management services to pregnant and parenting women and their children whose lives have been affected by substance abuse and/or co-occurring disorders.
- Support services include childcare and transportation assistance to attend substance abuse/mental health treatment, support groups, prenatal and pediatric medical appointments.
- Length of enrollment is determined by need and participation in services.
- Facility operates 24 hours, seven days a week providing crisis stabilization for individuals with co-occurring disorders experiencing psychiatric crisis, medical withdrawal from alcohol and other drugs, and serves as a link to continuing treatment and services.