The City of Virginia Beach Purchasing Division seeks maximum competition in our solicitations. To ensure your company is made aware of quotes, bids and Requests for Proposals (RFPs) posted by the City, a vendor should:
1. Fill out a Bidder’s Application and return it to the Virginia Beach Purchasing Division. (Note: Placement on the bidder’s list does not guarantee receipt of a request for quotation, invitation to bid, or a request for proposal. It is the bidder’s responsibility to check the bid notices posted by the Purchasing Division, see below information.)
2. Register with DemandStar by Onvia. The City uses DemandStar as our primary notification system for bids and requests for proposals. DemandStar will notify all prospective bidders based on the NIGP commodity code classification for each individual Invitation to Bid (IFB) or Request for Proposal (RFP). This service to vendors may include a nominal fee (subscription options). For more information, please visit the DemandStar website or contact them at 1-800-711-1712.
3. Check the Bid Board in the Purchasing Division, Liberty Tax Executive Park, 2388 Liberty Way, Virginia Beach, Virginia 23456 (this list is updated weekly);
6. Watch Cox Cable, channel 47;
Enterprise (DMBE) if you company is small, woman, minority or service disabled veteran owned; this is a primary source used to obtain vendor’s for specific commodities; and
8. Read the Virginian Pilot (legal section), formal Requests for Proposals are advertised here, at the buyer’s discretion.