QUALITY CUSTOMER SERVICE:
Service to customers is the fundamental reason the City of Virginia Beach Municipal Government and our Department exists.
• Customers define quality service.
• Members are committed to quality service delivery.
• Service exceeds customer expectations.
• Customer feedback is sought and valued.
Organizational goals are attained when members and customers work together.
• Team members share opportunity, knowledge and accountability.
• Team members develop mutual trust and respect.
• Team members participate in collaborative decision-making.
• Team members value diversity.
Volunteers are an integral component of the Department and the services delivered
• Volunteers bring resources and manpower to provide essential services.
• Volunteers participate in patient care services and leadership roles.
• Volunteers share opportunities, knowledge and compassion.
LEADERSHIP AND LEARNING:
Learning at every level of the organization creates opportunities for leadership experience and for members to continuously expand our capacity to create a quality organization.
• Products, services, and technologies are enhanced through creativity and innovation.
• An environment is created where members, regardless of our place in the organization, learn together.
• Members are engaged in new and expansive patterns of thinking.
Integrity creates the trust essential to Quality Service and long-term personal and organizational growth.
• Members have the courage to examine personal paradigms about roles and how excellence is achieved.
• Members are entrusted with the stewardship of public resources.
• Members fulfill commitments to Quality Service by treating customers and each other fairly.
• Members tell the truth.
Commitment is the necessary mechanism enabling members to focus our behavior on attaining organizational goals.
• Members have the opportunity to convert jobs from ordinary assignments to extraordinary experiences.
• Members participate in decision-making and accept responsibility for outcomes.
• Public service professionalism is demonstrated by each member’s performance & work ethic.
INCLUSION AND DIVERSITY:
Members value and respect our similarities and differences to encourage and fully utilize our human potential, and to foster a culture of openness, engagement and respect for all.
• Member diversity helps ensure quality service delivery.
• Members understand and appreciate varying perspectives, experiences and cultures.
• Members listen to understand each other.
• Member feedback is sought and valued.
477 Viking Drive, Suite 130
Virginia Beach, VA 23452