Original VBTV Programs
(Written and produced by ComIT/Multimedia Services)
Please see "VBTV Schedule" to the left for dates/times of these and other programs airing on VBTV.
"Access Virginia Beach" - A bi-weekly news magazine highlighting city and schools topics and issues. Below are highlights from the current edition of Access Virginia Beach (May 10 - 24, 2013)
- VBAlert text message and email emergency alerts keep citizens informed at home and on the go
- 2014 VBCPS Citywide Teacher of the Year Announced
- Dredging efforts in Green Run neighborhoods underway, improves storm runoff
- City prepares the beaches for hurricane season with sand replenishment projects
- Beat "Summer Slide" with reading activities at the public library
- Virginia Beach in Top 10 of American Cities of the Future
- VBCPS Reading Bus promotes reading readiness to preschool children
- City hosts free parenting event at the Central Library, May 23 from 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Celebrate 50 years of fun with Virginia Beach, preview of upcoming events
- Parks and Recreation honors outstanding youth in Best All Around Awards
- Photo montage of the mounted patrol graduation
Hosted by Veronica Coleman
VBTV: COX Channel 48, / Verizon Channel 45
Friday: (premier) 6 pm & 8:30 pm
Saturday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm & 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 am & 7:30 am
Wednesday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 6:00 pm & 8:30 pm
Thursday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
VBTV: COX Channel 47 / Verizon Channel 47
Friday: 2:30 am & 7:30 am
Saturday: 6:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am & 11:30 pm
Thursday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
This edition of “Access Virginia Beach” and others are available online at www.vbgov.com/media. Click on the most current show under “Access Virginia Beach Archives.” Once the show comes up, you can jump right to the story of your choice by clicking “View Specific Segments for this video.” Shows will be online for the 4 weeks following their start date.
"How In The World?" - Hop aboard the Airship Curiosity and set sail for adventure and discovery. On the latest How in the World, take a trip to Norfolk's Botanical Gardens to learn how in the world leaves change colors. How in the world does a hurricane form? Find out, plus see a Brain Gain science lab experiment explaining how to make a CD hovercraft by Professor "Phineas Omnibus," in this edition of How In The World?