Original VBTV Programs
(Written and produced by ComIT/Multimedia Services)
Please see "VBTV Schedule" to the left for dates/times of these and other programs airing on VBTV.
"Access Virginia Beach" - A bi-weekly news magazine highlighting city and schools topics and issues. Below are highlights from the current edition of Access Virginia Beach ( (November, 21 - December 5, 2014)
- Chesapeake Bay Foundation Brock Environmental Center Grand Opening
- Update on the Lesner Bridge Construction Process
- 16th Annual Minority Business Council Conference and Expo
- CVB Speaker Forum Presents: "Reputation Management & Maximizing Your Business"
- Register Now for the Winter Wildlife Festival (February 5-8, 2015)
- Library Reveals New Book Mobile Wrap Funded by Friends of the Library
- America Recycles Day at Joint Use Library
- Beyond the Curb: In Depth Look at the Landfill & Resource Recovery Center
- Compass Showcase Held at Kellam High School
- Corporate Landing Middle Hosts Veterans Assembly
- World Stacking Association STACK UP! at Indian Lakes Elementary
- Windsor Woods Elementary School Duct Tapes Their Principal to the Wall!
Hosted by Peter Van Heest
VBTV: COX Channel 48, / Verizon Channel 45
Friday: (premier) 6 pm & 8:30 pm
Saturday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm & 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 am & 7:30 am
Wednesday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 6:00 pm & 8:30 pm
Thursday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
VBTV: COX Channel 47 / Verizon Channel 47
Friday: 2:30 am & 7:30 am
Saturday: 6:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am & 11:30 pm
Thursday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
This edition of “Access Virginia Beach” and others are available online at www.vbgov.com/media. Click on the most current show under “Access Virginia Beach Archives.” Once the show comes up, you can jump right to the story of your choice by clicking “View Specific Segments for this video.” Shows will be online for the 4 weeks following their start date.
"How In The World?" - Hop aboard the Airship Curiosity and set sail for adventure and discovery. On the latest How in the World, take a trip to Norfolk's Botanical Gardens to learn how in the world leaves change colors. How in the world does a hurricane form? Find out, plus see a Brain Gain science lab experiment explaining how to make a CD hovercraft by Professor "Phineas Omnibus," in this edition of How In The World?