Original VBTV Programs
(Written and produced by ComIT/Multimedia Services)
Please see "VBTV Schedule" to the left for dates/times of these and other programs airing on VBTV.
"Access Virginia Beach" - A bi-weekly news magazine highlighting city and schools topics and issues. Below are highlights from the current edition of Access Virginia Beach (June 5 - June 19, 2015)
- June 1st Marks the Start of Hurricane Season: What Are Forecasters Predicting?
- Tri-City Fire Department Automatic Aid Helps Reduce Response Times
- Mayor Sessoms Honors Water Awareness Calendar Contest Winners
- Dept. of Parks & Rec Holds Water Polo Championship Play
- Project Green Teens Go for World Record with Largest Oyster Castle Reef
- VBCPS Holds Food Drive to Support Beach Bags Program
- Teacher from Christopher Farms ES Receives VFW Back Bay Teacher of Year Award
- Glenwood Elementary Principal Retires after 31 Years with Division
- Arrowhead Elementary Celebrates 50 years of Education - Alumni Breakfast
- Students create Floating Wetlands Islands to Improve Water Quality at HRSD Pond
Hosted by Hosted by Mikki Acedo
VBTV: COX Channel 48, / Verizon Channel 45
Friday: (premier) 6 pm & 8:30 pm
Saturday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm & 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 am & 7:30 am
Wednesday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 6:00 pm & 8:30 pm
Thursday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
VBTV: COX Channel 47 / Verizon Channel 47
Friday: 2:30 am & 7:30 am
Saturday: 6:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am & 11:30 pm
Thursday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
This edition of “Access Virginia Beach” and others are available online at www.vbgov.com/media. Click on the most current show under “Access Virginia Beach Archives.” Once the show comes up, you can jump right to the story of your choice by clicking “View Specific Segments for this video.” Shows will be online for the 4 weeks following their start date.
"How In The World?" - Hop aboard the Airship Curiosity and set sail for adventure and discovery. On the latest How in the World, take a trip to Norfolk's Botanical Gardens to learn how in the world leaves change colors. How in the world does a hurricane form? Find out, plus see a Brain Gain science lab experiment explaining how to make a CD hovercraft by Professor "Phineas Omnibus," in this edition of How In The World?