Original VBTV Programs
(Written and produced by ComIT/Multimedia Services)
Please see "VBTV Schedule" to the left for dates/times of these and other programs airing on VBTV.
"Access Virginia Beach" - A bi-weekly news magazine highlighting city and schools topics and issues. Below are highlights from the current edition of Access Virginia Beach (April 24 - May 8, 2015)
- Text to 911: Call If You Can, Text If You Cannot
- Virginia Beach Bond Refinancing Saves Taxpayers $8.7 Million
- In Honor of Child Abuse Prevention Month, Pinwheels Dedication Ceremony Held
- Mayor's Manufacturing Roundtable Discussion
- Mechatronics: Help Your Student Get Prepared to Enter the Work Force
- STIHL Inc. Partners with Parks & Rec to Enhance Marshview Park
- Virginia Beach Sports Club Jamboree Recognizes Athletes & Coaches
- Let's Move Out-of-School Time Program Teaches Students Nutrition & Fitness
- Green Run ES Partners with VBSFCU for "Financial Fitness Week"
- Technical & Career Education Center Receives State-of-Art HVAC System
- Russian Cultural Cafe' at Tallwood High School
Hosted by Georgene Jones
VBTV: COX Channel 48, / Verizon Channel 45
Friday: (premier) 6 pm & 8:30 pm
Saturday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm & 9:00 pm
Tuesday: 5:00 am & 7:30 am
Wednesday: 12:00 am, 2:30 am, 11:00 am, 1:30 pm, 6:00 pm & 8:30 pm
Thursday: 5:00 am, 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
VBTV: COX Channel 47 / Verizon Channel 47
Friday: 2:30 am & 7:30 am
Saturday: 6:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 pm & 11:30 pm
Monday: 7:30 am & 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
Wednesday: 7:30 am & 11:30 pm
Thursday: 2:30 am & 1:30 pm
This edition of “Access Virginia Beach” and others are available online at www.vbgov.com/media. Click on the most current show under “Access Virginia Beach Archives.” Once the show comes up, you can jump right to the story of your choice by clicking “View Specific Segments for this video.” Shows will be online for the 4 weeks following their start date.
"How In The World?" - Hop aboard the Airship Curiosity and set sail for adventure and discovery. On the latest How in the World, take a trip to Norfolk's Botanical Gardens to learn how in the world leaves change colors. How in the world does a hurricane form? Find out, plus see a Brain Gain science lab experiment explaining how to make a CD hovercraft by Professor "Phineas Omnibus," in this edition of How In The World?