Information and assistance is provided to all Virginia Beach citizens in filing Virginia state tax returns and answering questions. Federal tax returns are prepared and electronically filed for persons qualifying for the EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT only.
2012 Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC)
Qualifications to Prepare and E-file Federal Returns for the Earned Income Tax Credit
The Commissioner of the Revenue’s staff will prepare and electronically file federal returns that qualify for the EITC starting January 30, 2013.
We are limited to the following:
- Forms: 1040; 1040A; 1040EZ;
- Schedules: A, B, C-EZ, 2441, 8812 and 8863.
Tax Year 2012 earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:
- $45,060 ($50,270 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children;
- $41,952 ($47,162 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children;
- $36,920 ($42,130 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child;
- $13,980 ($19,190 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children.
Tax Year 2012 Maximum Credit:
- $5,891 with three or more qualifying children;
- $5,236 with two qualifying children;
- $3,169 with one qualifying child;
- $475 with no qualifying children.
Investment income must be $3,200 or less for the year.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.