Information and assistance is provided to all Virginia Beach citizens in filing Virginia state tax returns and answering questions. Federal tax returns are prepared and electronically filed for persons qualifying for the EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT
Qualifications to Prepare and E-file Federal Returns for the Earned Income Tax Credit
The Commissioner of the Revenue’s staff will prepare and electronically file federal returns that qualify for the EITC starting January 20, 2015.
We are limited to the following forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ and schedules A,B,
C-EZ, 2441, 8812 and 8863.
Tax Year 2014
|Earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:|
- $46,997 ($52,427 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children;
- $43,756 ($49,186 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children;
- $38,511 ($43,941 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child;
- $14,590 ($20,020 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children.
Tax Year 2014 Maximum Credit:
- $6,143 with three or more qualifying children;
- $5,460 with two qualifying children;
- $3,305 with one qualifying child;
- $ 496 with no qualifying children.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.