Information and assistance is provided to all Virginia Beach citizens in filing Virginia state tax returns and answering questions. Federal tax returns are prepared and electronically filed for persons qualifying for the EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT
Qualifications to Prepare and E-file Federal Returns for the Earned Income Tax Credit
The Commissioner of the Revenue’s staff will prepare and electronically file federal returns that qualify for the EITC starting January 31, 2014.
We are limited to the following forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ and schedules A,B,
C-EZ, 2441, 8812 and 8863.
Tax Year 2013
|Earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:|
- $46,227 ($51,567 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children;
- $43,038 ($48,378 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children;
- $37,870 ($43,210 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child;
- $14,340 ($19,680 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children.
Tax Year 2013 Maximum Credit:
- $6,044 with three or more qualifying children;
- $5,372 with two qualifying children;
- $3,250 with one qualifying child;
- $ 487 with no qualifying children.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.