Information and assistance is provided to all Virginia Beach citizens in filing Virginia state tax returns and answering questions. Federal tax returns are prepared and electronically filed for persons qualifying for the EARNED INCOME TAX CREDIT
Qualifications to Prepare and E-file Federal Returns for the Earned Income Tax Credit
- The Commissioner of the Revenue’s staff will prepare and electronically file federal returns that qualify for the EITC starting January 19, 2016.
- We are limited to the following forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ and schedules A,B,
C-EZ, 2441, 8812 and 8863.
Tax Year 2015
|Earned income and adjusted gross income (AGI) must each be less than:|
- $47,747 ($53,267 married filing jointly) with three or more qualifying children;
- $44,454 ($49,974 married filing jointly) with two qualifying children;
- $39,131 ($44,651 married filing jointly) with one qualifying child;
- $14,820 ($20,330 married filing jointly) with no qualifying children.
Tax Year 2015 Maximum Credit:
- $6,242 with three or more qualifying children;
- $5,548 with two qualifying children;
- $3,359 with one qualifying child;
- $ 503 with no qualifying children.
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.