Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Location: City Hall, Building 1, 2401 Courthouse Drive, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
As a DMV Select Agent, the Commissioner of the Revenue can serve current DMV customers with vehicle related issues, and the Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF) customers with hunting licenses, fishing licenses and temporary boat registrations. Applicants for a driver's license or personal ID must continue to visit a DMV FULL SERVICE CENTER .
Bringing in completed DMV forms
will save you time. Select the quick access DMV links in this paragraph or visit DMV's homepage
for more information.
Please note: Documents that provide proof of address, powers of attorney, and death certificates must be originals, not copies.
License Plates & Decals
- Order handicapped plates & placards
- Replace vehicle license plates
- Transfer license plates
- Issue new state license plates and license plate decals
- Issue select special image vehicle license plates
- Order special image vehicle license plates
- Order personalized vehicle license plates
- Accept surrendered license plates for sold or junked vehicles and prorate the personal property tax
Dealer title and registration transactions
- Complete title and registration transactions for automobile dealers
- Drop off service available
Address changes (not involving issuance of a driver license or ID card)
- Full payment
- Partial payment
Department of Game and Inland Fisheries (DGIF)
- Hunting Licenses
- Fishing Licenses
- Temporary boat registrations
Other services offered:
- Trip permits
- Overload permits
- Voter registration applications accepted
DMV Select at the Commissioner's office accepts: Cash, check, credit, or debit card.