The Pendleton Project Management Board shall:
(1) Have all powers necessary for control and direction of the operation and establishment of all residential and outpatient treatment facilities related to the Project;
(2) The authority to hire necessary staff/administrators of the Project;
(3) The authority to execute those contracts, leases and related documents necessary for the operation of the Project;
(4) The authority to apply for and accept grants from federal, state and local agencies and private services;
(5) The authority to adopt by laws necessary for an orderly administration of the Project; and,
(6) The authority to acquire, hold and dispose of equipment and other personal property necessary to carry on the proper purposes of the Project, provided, however, that no real property shall be acquired without a separate agreement concerning such acquisition by the parties hereto.
The Board shall also handle all day to day administration of the Project and shall be the responsibility of the Project Administrator who shall be appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the Project Management Board. The Project Administrator shall report to the City Managers of Virginia Beach and Chesapeake on a regular basis.