The Open Space Advisory Committee shall serve in an advisory capacity to the Parks and Recreation Commission with respect to open space. Specifically, the Committee shall:
· Provide recommendations through the Parks and Recreation Commission to City Council regarding properties for acquisition, with such recommendations including priorities, schedule, and sequence;
· Continue to include citizen involvement in all phases (acquisition and development) of the open space program;
· Assist in the monitoring of funding sources, including Capital Funds, as well as grants;
· Assist in the recommendation of joint partnerships, joint development, and joint management options;
· Monitor and recommend revision, as needed, of the Virginia Beach Outdoors Plan;
· Assist in monitoring, overseeing, and guidance of the acquisition process, including the exercise of due diligence, analysis, and development alternatives;
· Assist in the monitoring and review of the development process and schedule for improvements to sites; and
· Assist in the development and monitoring of the overall process for evaluation and recommendation of sites for acquisition.
MONTHLY MEETING SCHEDULE
4TH MONDAY 3:00 P.M.
BUILDING 14, AGRICULTURE CONFERENCE ROOM