The Virginia Beach Human Rights Commission (HRC) exists to advocate for the human rights of residents in the City of Virginia Beach and serve as an advisory agency to City Council. The Human Rights Commission shall:
- institute, conduct and engage in educational and informational programs for promotion of mutual understanding and respect among citizens and the fulfillment of human rights.
- serve as a forum for discussion of human rights issues and to conduct studies and propose solutions for the improvement of human relations in the City
- provide assistance to persons who believe their rights have been violated by identifying the appropriate federal, state or local agency to address the complaint and referring such persons to that agency
- provide City Council and the City Manager an annual written report of the Commission's activities on or before June 30th of each year
- adopt rules and procedures fort he conduct of its affairs
For more information click here
Human Rights Commission Membership