The Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance shall market the Hampton Roads area of Virginia as the primary region of choice for economic investment and business expansion; to serve as the area’s lead regional economic development and marketing organization; and to recruit new and expanded business development for location in Hampton Roads.
Also, the Alliance shall:
- Identify and target national and international companies for recruitment to Hampton Roads;
- Aggressively market the competitive advantages of Hampton Roads to the world;
- Develop and promote a global image for Hampton Roads;
- Help existing companies with their expansion needs;
- Establish a regional economic development information, research and resource center;
- Coordinate inter-city economic development visits to targeted competitor cities for government, education and business leaders; and
- Conduct needs assessments on regional economic development issues. The Alliance shall not lobby or take political stands on regional business or public policy issues.
For more information on the Hampton Roads Economic Development Alliance click here.