The Bikeways and Trails Advisory Committee shall serve in an advisory capacity to City Council with respect to the implementation and coordination of the Bikeways and Trails Plan and to coordinate the timely construction of bikeways and trails in accordance with the priorities established by the Bikeways and Trails Plan. The Committee shall promote a balanced approach between and among various trail user interests in the City and to provide a forum for continued citizen and governmental input in the planning and programming of future bikeways and trails.
Specifically, the Committee shall:
· Work with local civic groups and other interested citizens to develop secondary network priorities, linkages and potential new corridors;
· Work with City staff to review road construction projects to ensure that all roads and bridges, where part of the primary or secondary networks, are constructed, improved or maintained in a manner consistent with the Bikeways and Trails Advisory Committee’s Plan;
· Work with City staff to review the City’s development ordinances and recommend revisions in consultation with City staff to encourage bicycle and trail related accommodations;
· Identify potential funding sources for proposed projects through various private, local, state and federal programs;
· Provide a forum for direct citizen input in the planning of future bikeways and trails facilities; and,
· Focus efforts on achieving completion of the priority projects as identified in the Plan.
BIKEWAYS AND TRAILS MEMBERSHIP.pdf