The Bayfront Advisory Committee shall serve as liaison between the Shore Drive community and the City Council with respect to the development and improvement to the Shore Drive Corridor. Specifically, the Committee shall:
- Familiarize itself with the Urban Land Institute's (ULI) Bayfront Study and the various issues associated with development of the Corridor;
- Develop an aesthetics and urban design plan for the Corridor using the Bayfront Study as a foundation for such plan;
- Identify, refine and reprioritize a series of recommended public projects and actions to City Council for implementing the ULI Bayfront Study recommendations, the adopted Shore Drive Corridor Plan, Shore Drive Transportation Plan, Design Guidelines and Landscaping Guidelines and addressing issues associated with development of the Corridor;
- Aggressively pursue and facilitate the establishment of public-private partnerships to achieve the goals and recommendations of ULI's Study and adopted plans and guidelines;
- Investigate alternative funding sources for projects within the Corridor;
- Engage in public information efforts to improve communication between the Shore Drive Community, the development community, and the City government; and, to sere as a forum for discussion of information brought forth by both the public and private sectors on matters related to the Shore Drive Community; and
- Monitor and report to City Council the progress of implemented public projects and plans within the Shore Drive Corridor and provide recommendations for remedial actions as deemed necessary.