- The 4-H Ham Project is an annual "hands-on" educational meats project to salt cure whole hams. The project begins with a tour of the Gwaltney Plant in Smithfield and then participants will go to the Virginia Beach Farmer's Market to start the ham curing process. After several weeks, the hams will be moved to three smokehouses in Virginia Beach where the project will continue. The project runs from late January/early February and ends with a ham show and display at the Virginia Beach 4-H Livestock Show and Sale in May.
- 2015 Ham Project Registration Form, Schedule and Guidelines
- 4- H Ham Project Record Book - Youth Only
- 2015 Ham Project Enrollment Form - Adult
- 2015 Ham Project Enrollment Form - Youth
Contact the Virginia Beach Extension Office at (757) 385-8550 for more information about this and many other available projects.