Event to Highlight Housing Issues, Opportunities and Solutions
Learn about the variety of housing and related resources that are available in your community! Non-profit organizations, city agencies and members of the faith community will be available to provide information on a variety of housing resources, including affordable rental housing, homelessness, homeownership, code enforcement, fair housing, civic engagement, housing opportunities for veterans, workforce housing and more.
Participating Organizations Include:
- BEACH Community Partnership
- Eastern Virginia AIDS Network (EVAN)
- Endependence Center
- ForKids, inc.
- City of Virginia Beach Dept. of Housing and Neighborhood Preservation
- City of Virginia Beach Dept. of Human Services
- Judeo-Christian Outreach Center (JCOC)
- Project Hope - Virginia Beach City Public Schools
- Samaritan House
- Seton Youth Shelters
- Stand Up For Kids
- Virginia Beach Community Development Corporation (VBCDC)
- Virginia Beach Council of Civic Organizations (VBCCO)
- Virginia Organizing
- Volunteers of America (VOA)
The event will feature a presentation on the city, faith community and non-profit agencies’ ongoing commitment to end homelessness and create affordable housing opportunities in Virginia Beach. Attendees will also hear about potential projects and initiatives for ending and preventing homelessness, including an overview of the current study of the housing crisis response system.
The Housing and Homelessness Information Fair is co-sponsored by the Department of Housing and Neighborhood Preservation and the BEACH Community Partnership. BEACH, which stands for Bringing an End to All City Homelessness, is a partnership of city, nonprofit and faith-based organizations seeking to better address homelessness through enhanced cooperation and communication, coordinated service delivery, resource development and new strategies. For more information about BEACH, visit www.beach-cp.org